Balancing Pregnancy And Work
How To Make The Most Of The Next 9 Months On The JobBook - 2004
Pregnancy. It's an amazing time of possibility, expectation, and wonder. It's also a time of morning sickness, mood swings, and exhaustion. And when a woman works throughout her pregnancy, all of these private experiences and emotions are on very public display.
If you're currently trying to juggle growing a baby with growing your career, Balancing Pregnancy and Work is the indispensable guide you'll need to make the most of the next 9 months. Packed with realistic tips and personal stories from women who have been in your elastic-waist pants, it covers everything from breaking the news to your coworkers to avoiding workplace hazards, from planning your leave to planning your return as a working mom.
IN THESE PAGES, YOU'LL DISCOVER:
* Your legal rights under the Pregnancy Discrimination Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act
* When and how to break the news to your boss
* Budget worksheets to help you evaluate the financial impact of your family-leave options
* A primer on managing pregnancy symptoms on the job, including tips on easing back pain, heartburn, constipation, and morning sickness
* A 10-point strategy for planning a smooth leave that minimizes disruption for your coworkers and allows you uninterrupted time with your newborn
* Practical tips for dressing in style-- without breaking the bank
* Targeted advice for finding the best child care options
* Strategies for smoothing the transition back to the workplace